I am a software engineer specializing in creating web applications for businesses. I am proficient with many programming languages and web frameworks. Currently, I am most interested in ruby and the ruby on rails framework. I am a self starter, constantly working on personal projects, learning new technologies, and keeping my skills sharp.
I am able to lead the design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of software applications.
My written and verbal communication skills are excellent.
I have a proven ability to jump into new or existing projects, learn technologies rapidly, and deliver customer satisfaction
Simply Binary, LLC
Software Engineer / Owner
04/2009 - Present
At Simply Binary we create web-based software for businesses. As the owner, I am responsible for all aspects of the business from book keeping to software development. More specific achievements include:
- Hired by Wed Development Enterprises to implement a homepage redesign and extend their existing CMS to support it.
- Hired by American Music Center to convert their existing data to WordPress, implement a site-wide redesign, and implement new music browsing features.
- Hired by Architect of Sound to create ringtone conversion software.
- Hired by AdmissionsDean.com to provide continued support for AdmissionsDean.com.
- Hired by More Cowbell Software to lead the development of AdmissionsDean.com, a web application that helps prospective law students decide where to apply to law school.
- Hired by More Cowbell Software to provide web development services for SeniorLiving.net, a web application that helps family members find retirement homes and assisted living homes for their loved ones.
- Hired by Engineering Management & Integration, Inc. to provide continued support for their ACART product.
- Hired by Systems Management Enterprises, Inc. to provide continued support for their software product.
- Hired by RentalSpot.com to provide web development services for RentalSpot.com, a web application that helps customers submit and search vacation home listings.
- Hired by Engineering Management & Integration, Inc. to design and develop a database for the Department of Veterans Affairs.
09/2008 - 08/2009
EM&I is a government contractor with expertise in all areas of thought leadership. At EM&I, I created and supported existing software projects, using the ASP.NET framework, to help streamline enterprise architecture compliance and federation. More specific achievements include:
- Transformed the issue tracking process by setting up Redmine, an open source issue tracking system. The new system now integrates with EM&I’s source control system.
- Created the software ARIS2SQL to parse over a million line XML file into Microsoft SQL Server database tables and data. ARIS2SQL uses stream parsing technology available in libxml, an open source ruby library. ARIS2SQL is currently the tool used to transform ARIS output for use by ACART.
04/2005 - 09/2008
SME provides IT consulting, web and email hosting, and product development services. There I lead the development of many web-based business applications with Ruby on Rails, Mambo, and Joomla. More specific achievements include:
- Lead developer of SimpleVaults, a subscription based inventory system, using the ruby on rails web framework.
- Lead developer of NMS EIS, a CPR training and Defibrillator tracking system, leveraging the Mambo web framework. Features included user and role management, online course registration and student management for 91,408 students, client access, dynamic reporting, user generated and scheduled email notifications.
- Developed the SME EIS, the SME intranet platform, using the Mambo web framework. The core features included contact management, task management, time tracking, dynamic reporting, knowledge management, inventory management, and issue tracking.
02/2002 - 04/2005
GSC provides online database management and account services to associations and nonprofit organizations. There I supported a team of software engineers by performing system maintenance, performing database maintenance, writing SQL queries, and testing software.
George Mason University - Fairfax, Virginia
B.S., Computer Science - May 2007
Markup / Frameworks
- Ruby on Rails
- Tokyo Cabinet
- MS SQL Server
- Visual Studio
- Adobe Products
- OS X
Pete Broderick — firstname.lastname@example.org — (571) 399-5486